WELCOME TO THE Davide Cali blog tour page. The blog tour took place between 1 and 15 May 2012, as a countdown to Davide’s first visit to Australia from 16 to 28 May.
Each day, some of Australia’s most interesting book bloggers posted interviews with him, reviewed his books, offered giveaways and maybe gave a sneak peak of his award-winning new book, 10 Little Insects.
You can check out the blogs below on the following days to see what they posted:
1 May (blog tour kick-off)
- Kids Book Review – reviews of every Davide Cali book posted hourly and a feature interview. Kids Book Review is also running a fab Davide Cali competition (entries close 6 May).
- Review of I Love Kissing You
- Review of What is this thing called love?
- Review of I Like Chocolate
- Review of A Dad Who Measures Up
- Review of Santa’s Suit
- Review of The Bear with the Sword
- Review of Piano Piano
- Review of The Enemy
- Kids Book Review releases a sneak peak of Davide Cali’s new book, 10 Little Insects.
- My Book Corner posts a very entertaining Q&A with the author, a (p)review of his new book 10 Little Insects, plus they’re giving readers the chance to win a signed copy of the new book. Their verdict? ‘Genius.’
- ‘Does the world really need another book?’, asks Wilkins Farago Director Andrew Wilkins on the blog of the Small Press Underground Networking Community, SPLOG.
- Rebecca Newman interviews Davide Cali on Alphabet Soup kids magazine’s blog about being a librarian during his National Service in Italy and creating The Bear with the Sword. She also gets his tips for young writers.
- My Little Bookcase manages to extract five confessions from Davide (he’d like to be a wrestler!), and is also the latest to rave about Cali and Vincent Pianina’s forthcoming graphic novel, 10 Little Insects.
- Kids Book Review – Announcement of Winner of Kids Book Review Giveaway!
- Wilkins Farago’s blog reveals what it took to adapt the original French edition of 10 Little Insects into English.
- Children’s writer and reviewer Dee White examines Davide Cali’s approach to picture book writing on her DeeScribe Writing blog.
- The Yarra Plenty Regional Library blog previews Reading for Social Peace, a new program which aims to use stories to encourage conversation in young people about issues that cause conflict, such as war, cultural differences, and bullying. Davide Cali will launch the program on 24 May in Melbourne.
- My Little Bookcase uses the Davide Cali/Anna-Laura Cantone classic, A Dad Who Measures Up, as the springboard for an exploration of what makes Dad special. You won’t believe the lengths they go to!
- Illustrator Ann James chats with Davide on her Books Illustrated blog about how he works with illustrators, his celebrated collaborations with French illustrator Serge Bloch and which other writers and illustrators inspire him.
- Independent Melbourne bookseller Brunswick Bound highlights Davide Cali and Anna-Laura Cantone’s What is this thing called love? on their news blog.
- Popular kids activity website Little Melbourne provides a profile of Davide and his books, as well as his Australian tour dates. They’re also running a competition to win a copy of Davide Cali and Evelyn Daviddi’s delicious picture book, I Like Chocolate.
- Davide Cali interviewed in Adelaide Matters
- Boobook blog – Review of Davide Cali’s The Bear with the Sword
- Watch this space
THE REAL TOUR BEGINS!
- Davide Cali arrives in Adelaide – the real tour begins! For a full listing of Davide’s tour, click here. Here are the key public events:
17 to 19 May
- Davide is speaking at Children’s Book Council of Australia National Conference, Adelaide
- 4.30-5.30pm: Reading for kids, teachers and parents at Three Four Knock on the Door, Port Melbourne
- 4.30pm An Afternoon with Davide Cali (event for kids), Readings Bookshop, 309 Lygon St, Carlton, Victoria
- 6.30pm An Evening with Davide Cali/public launch of 10 Little Insects, Readings Bookshop, 309 Lygon St, Carlton, Victoria
- 10am Davide will launch ‘Reading for Social Peace’, a National Year of Reading project created in conjunction with Yarra Plenty Regional Library (Lalor branch), May Road, Lalor. Followed by children’s book workshop.
- 10am Morning tea and meet the author event with the Children’s Bookshop, Beecroft, New South Wales (for more information, please contact Paul MacDonald on 02 9481 8811).