If the idea of seeing a publisher sweat for a change appeals, read on. Wilkins Farago director Andrew Wilkins will be donning his runners on Sunday May 9th and joining 33,000 other people as they celebrate Mother’s Day and run in the Mother’s Day Classic, which raises funds for breast cancer research.
Since all other Wilkins Farago staff are too lazy to run, we thought another great way to help raise money was to donate 20% of all online sales in the lead up to Mother’s Day.
That’s right, purchase any one of our books online between the 1st and the 9th of May and 20% of that sale will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Our big favourite for Mother’s Day is the award-winning Waiting for Mummy, but you can choose from any of the following titles:
- A Dad who Measures Up (Davide Cali / Anna Laura Cantone)
- The Bear with the Sword (Davide Cali / Gianluca Foli)
- The Enemy (Davide Cali / Serge Bloch)
- The Goose Bath (Janet Frame)
- Grow Up! (John S Cheetham)
- I Like Chocolate (Davide Cali / Evelyn Daviddi)
- I Love Kissing You (Davide Cali / Serge Bloch)
- In Just One Second (Silvio Freytes / Flavio Morais)
- Kampung Boy (Lat)
- Piano Piano (Davide Cali / Eric Heliot)
- The Red Piano (Andre Leblanc / Barroux)
- Santa’s Suit (Davide Cali / Eric Heliot)
- Waiting for Mummy (Tae-Jun Lee / Dong-Sung Kim)
- Why? (Lila Prap)
PS: Alternatively you can sponsor Andrew here.